Some facts relating to Iceland
- Icelanders are really nice. They offer to help with directions and stop their cars to let you cross the street.
- I can’t scientifically prove that skyr is the secret to Icelandic health and beauty, but somebody should conduct that study. I can conclusively say that it is delicious.
- The country is breathtaking. Views both natural and man-made are like nothing you have ever seen.
- There’s a dating-related app to help you figure out if the person you bump phones with is related to you. That’s how small a country it is.
- Icelandic had lots of cool sounds in it. For example, sometimes a double-l makes an aspirated “k” sound. It sounds sing-song-y and wonderful.
- I’ve been spoiled by having wifi almost everywhere.
- The Blue Lagoon is magical.
- Iceland is every bit as lovely, whimsical, and unique as its tourism brochures would have you believe, and I don’t want to leave.